Video marketing for you beginners out there sounds like us mentors, coaches and trainers might be asking too much, but are we really?
Below I will show you not only a video about this piece today, but below that I will show you my older, somewhat “newbie” video from the past just to prove what will happen over time.
Remember, as we get into some tips, strategies and suggestions here about video marketing, my goal is to make you feel the way you should about it, relaxed and without a worry in the world.
Why Is Video Killing Your Business?
Video is killing your business because you are not doing it! Here are some simple facts you need to know about this very important content marketing platform:
- The average time a person spends visiting a web page is 50 seconds. Add video and the time spent on the page increases exponentially to almost 360 seconds – That’s an increase of more than 700%, which is incredible. You see, whilst only 20% of visitors will sit and read the majority of the text on a website, a whopping 80% will sit and watch the same content if presented as a video.
- And, according to Forrester Research, adding video to your webpage will make the average browser 6 times more likely to part with their money.
- Email marketing is very popular and very powerful but, add the word ‘video’ to the subject line and open rates typically rise between 7 and 13%. On top of that, email campaigns containing actual video returned a 21% increase in conversion rate, according to MediaConnection.
- The World Wide Marketing Council said that 73% of email marketers surveyed confirmed that integrating video with email marketing increased their click-through ratio.
- According to Marketing Vox, 63.9% of 5000 people watched a video sent via email to completion. The average email viewer will only spend 8 seconds reading a text-based email.
- Over the last 3 years, video viewing has increased 5000% and there are 1.2 billion people around the world who connect to the internet to watch videos, search and shop using their mobile devices.
- On Facebook, video posts are shared 1200% more often than text and link posts, combined.
- Video conferencing (and webinars) are another area of tremendous growth when it comes to marketing with the amount of time people spend watching live streaming video increasing by 650% year on year.
See, told you so, you are leaving not only money on the table, but most importantly, a larger subscriber base.
Why You Are Not Making Videos…
There are only two reasons not to be making video:
- You do not know how to technically make them, load them and SEO them.
- Your afraid.
Those are the only two reasons and, the only two excuses that make no sense to me today. Want to learn how to create a video? Go to Youtube, search it and apply.
Smartphones are not in short supply and, most people that have a smartphone already have the ability to create a sales video and load it directly to Youtube, Dailymotion and even Metacafe!
The biggest reason for not doing video is actually number #2 on the list, you are afraid.
” DO NOT LET PERFECTION BE THE ENEMY OF GOOD…”
Some will not like your video. Some will only look, listen for a minute and be gone. Some however, will stick around, watch more and then, connect.
Either way, make the video… The reason we do not make video is because we are usually afraid of what people will say. I know, it sounds kind of “High School,” but maybe it is and, maybe we ought to just get over it.
By not making video you and I will miss out on so much traffic that it could, today, literally spell our end to success online. Just look back at the facts above.
Where To Learn…Where To Spend My Money
You could spend thousands trying to learn something as easy as video marketing as a beginner here. Everyone from Maria Andros to Frank Kern believes they have the “perfect” system to making videos that spell out success.
While many programs and training systems are good, some can really cost you thousands. For the average person, going into debt with VISA or MASTERCARD is just not an option. This is why you need to think outside the box with me for just a moment as I teach you for free, right now, how to make a good enough video!
Here are the simple steps I use:
- I use the thumb God gave me on my smartphone or camera I have and push the button.
- Next I stay on topic and just simply be myself.
- Next I load it to PC.
- After that, I go to Youtube and Dailymotion and extract it from the file by hitting “UPLOAD.”
- I fill in the title with the title to the post I created.
- I then use the first three paragraphs of “said” post for the description.
- I use my title and one or two extra words for the “meta” information.
- I fill in the social media box with first paragraph of the description.
- Once loaded, I embed on my site the YOUTUBE version.
- All done, time to create another piece.
It did not cost me thousands to learn this, well, okay, it did cost me a little for the search marketing training I received, but in the end, this is really all that is about video marketing.
OLD VIDEO! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
Yes, you can learn to get fancy. Yes you can invest a gob of money on the coolest camera. And, yes, you can get the best video editing software on the planet. However, what I have learned is that no matter how cool it is, people only care about one of two things:
- What’s in it for them
- and, can you help them do it
One of my favorite quotes came from Ferris Bueller: “Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop to look around once in a while, you might miss it.”
If you do not start to look at how you research and find information online, you will miss out on how incomes and brands are created here.
Video marketing for you, the beginner, is not all that complicated. The only seriously hard part about it is getting past the fear of what others might think of you…