Change, it is what is new this fall for me, for this website, the blog, oh, and for the coaching program too.
For practically a decade things have been the same here. And I know, why change a good thing? Why change what works? Well, what if you can make it better, whatever it is? What if you can really take what is there and build something even more successful out of it?
So here is what is and has changed here going forward from this fall, and beyond.
Movin’ on, and gettin’ older.
3 Fortune 500 Companies I have consulted for. I have spoken in Texas, California, Las Vegas, and elsewhere about growing a successful business and best internet marketing strategies and practices.
I have worked with more people than I can even count at the moment, and have had a 70% success rate with them driving and converting traffic for the new business owner, and older ones looking grow even more.
And all of this I’ve done from the comfort of home. But I want more, sorry, it is true, I am greedy too! I want more time freedom, I want more money, and I want to expand my own entrepreneurial skills.
Plus, I want more success stories to share, and fewer people saying “sorry Dave, sorry I dropped the ball on you!” I personally think I can hit a 99% success rate with you and others here moving forward.
I have created a niche viral website, last fall that is. Today it is feeding my family, and all by its little self.
I recently had a good friend and long-time student call me a say thank you for helping him and his family, create and build a multi-six-figure e-commerce store, also started last fall.
Their e-commerce stores are going wonderfully, and he shared with me a ton about the platform. So, here I go, traveling that road today as well, and about to launch own Shopify store and brand. And I know it’s going to be a blast!
But, beyond that, beyond the two other income streams, I still love, and will always have a much bigger passion for coaching, mentoring, or teaching if you will how to build, brand, and grow a successful business from the comfort of home, a lifestyle business if you will.
That is something I love, it is my passion…
“A lifestyle business for the entrepreneur today is about building an income around your lifestyle & passion in life…”
‘Me’ thinks it’s about the lifestyle too.
Even today, in 2017, almost 2018, people are still surprised at how many of us actually work at home as lifestyle or “online” entrepreneurs.
I think an even bigger shock for many, even though the adverts within your Facebook news feed may make it seem otherwise, is the fact that not everyone makes money online teaching people “how to make money online!” Ha!
I love that fact too!
As a matter of fact, only a small handful of my own clients, now friends really, actually do what I do for a living. Most have their own passions from fly fishing to hair weaves, from Christmas ornaments to carving pumpkins, and my passion is to help them build an income around their passion.
Of course, as you know from above, even I have other passions too and have built an income around them using the same practices and strategies I’ve taught here.
In the end, though, the change is here, and instead of trying to build a new brand elsewhere, I think a simple rebrand and refocus was all that was needed in the end. After praying and seeking, I am still home here, all that changed came through renovations.
I wanted more than to be some “internet marketing coach,” I wanted more, and have for a long time now. I wanted to be something to others that I knew and know I can be.
So, I stopped, listened to you and the good Lord, and the phrase “online lifestyle business” hit me on a walk one morning.
I mean seriously, it is what I do, I have dedicated myself to helping wonderful folks like you build a lifestyle business and income around what it is you are really passionate about in life.
The motto is simple:
“It is about building an income around your lifestyle, not your lifestyle around your income, that is the definition of a job after all.”
A business that works for you, with you, and allows you to live the kind of life you want, and all of this without the hyperbole and bad sales copy we find filling up our social media feeds today behind it is what you want, finally.
This is the real help, personal help, one-on-one help…
“Lifestyle” business coach.
Personally, I love the phrase, and when people ask me what I do for a living the answer is never marketing coach, niche marketer, or e-commerce store owner. Actually, I am a lifestyle entrepreneur, a lifestyle business owner for sure!
While I am passionate about my other two successful niche sites and businesses, I am also still, 8 years later, extremely passionate about helping you gain the knowledge it takes to grow your lifestyle business as well.
As a matter of fact, maybe even more so today.
Being the “internet marketing coach” for nearly a decade was great, but something needed to change. No, it was not because of the influx of a bunch of so-called Facebook experts there to grow your business through spending 20K on Facebook ad-buy today either.
Actually, it came about with the need to narrow down, even more, what and who I am as much as it is about what and who you are. What I mean is this; I wanted to get to you to help you, and the generality of simply being an internet marketing coach was just not cutting it for me anymore, I wanted more, and I wanted you!
I also wanted to share more of this journey as a lifestyle entrepreneur. Not just as a business owner and entrepreneur either, but as a dad, husband, Jesus freak, and lover of all things outdoors (especially camping, Bigfoot, and fly fishing!)
I guess you could say I wanted to get more personable with what I want and sometimes, well, believe I need, wnat to, and should share.
Plus, like I say, sometimes you simply need to rebrand, state your message clearly, and like Brian G. Johnson says, “stake your claim!”
Yes, internet marketing is spoke here, but so are all things entrepreneur as well, plus, and because it is my site, I am going to write about life too, life as a work at home dad…, even if that sounds a little passe’, it is still what many seek to achieve.
“This idea of ‘lifestyle entrepreneurship’ goes far beyond the scammy Facebook ads that promise the “laptop lifestyle.” In it’s simplest form, lifestyle business means you create something that supports the kind of lifestyle you want to live.”
Your new life, my new brand, and what I do today.
Seriously, if you are tired of these, then this is for you; I mean seriously, aren’t you tired of these things that come with the 9-5 life?
- the meetings
- the forced relationships with people you wouldn’t otherwise be caught in the same room with
- the office politics
- being told when you can go to lunch
- watching people get promoted who are less capable than you
- having your behavior scrutinized every day by HR to make sure you’re not violating some PC rule in the 600-page company handbook
- worrying that something you say is going to get misconstrued and turned into a complaint
- spending all that time getting up, getting ready, fighting traffic and feeling like a rat on a treadmill
- being away from your friends and/or family
- sitting at work and wishing you were woodworking or making crafts of shooting photos or at the beach or reading a book
- dealing with the petty people at work who think you need to know all about their love lives
- getting paid about 10% of what you could earn if you did the exact same work directly for the customer
Yes, a good job is a good thing to have, but a great lifestyle business that frees you to the life you want to live, well, that is better, right? Right.
My rebrand here is about better and more focus going forward. It is also about how I will be working with you and giving you even more personal time to help you truly grow a successful business today.
What will the lifestyle business coaching consist of? Well, for starters you can expect to get and learn the following;
The Set Up:
- Full WordPress or Shopify e-commerce installation (plus product pages if necessary)
- Full theme installation and configuration
- Homepage theme setup with your own content
- About page, Services page, and Contact page Setup (content created by you.)
- Navigation, your logo and color palette
- Security setup and configuration
- Anti comment spam protection
- SEO plugin setup, and sitemap
- Contact form setup and configuration
- Payment gateway setup (if needed)
- Creative logo designs (extra charge depending on extent of logo needs)
- Make it work properly on mobile devices
- 3 social media profiles and email campaign set up
- My ongoing support!
- Understanding of what works, and what doesn’t
- Learning how to identify opportunities and pitfalls
- Validating ideas together
- Understanding the lifestyle and type of business that actually fits your personality and situation
- Learning how to identify and fix problems yourself in the future
- Internet Marketing Basics
- Learning how not to give up, even when it gets difficult or boring
- Encouragement, support, and accountability
How you’ll feel about the coaching:
- Motivated to work on your business
- Optimistic and positive about your future
- Focused on what really matters
- Powerful and well-equipped to run any business in the future
- Free from negative or limiting beliefs about yourself, your abilities and making money from home
- Inspired and motivated to take action
And just so you know what a lifestyle business is… it is anything you are passionate about, and something that can be monetized. But, here are some ideas for you anyways…
Here are some of the most common examples of thriving lifestyle businesses today.
- Professional niche blogging. This is most probably the quintessential lifestyle business. Many bloggers now make their living through blogging.
- Master affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing still takes a personal approach to your content and paid reach. Here I can help you grow that multiple 5-6-7-figure master affiliate marketing incomes.
- Novelists, authors, journalists… These writers prefer to take the freelance route instead of getting employment in established organizations or companies. They travel, go places, experience things and write about them. Or, they (you) just want to write!
- Network marketing. Network marketing still rocks as a lifestyle business today, period. Next, to personal brand businesses, this one platform can create a passive and residual income.
- E-commerce online stores. E-commerce also falls under the lifestyle business category if they meet the definition of one.
- Personal brands. Photographers, videographers, YouTubers, podcasters, and the list goes onto those who create and wants to sell their own goods, personal brand websites and platforms can grow a highly successful lifestyle business income today.
- Coaching, mentoring OR, consultant. Services of consultants are sought-after these days, ranging from matters regarding finance, law, technology, health, travel, real estate, and more. Life coach, business coach, if you have the mind and knowledge to help others, then a simple and wonderful lifestyle business awaits you through your own private coaching, mentoring or, consulting services.
See, now you know how much I love teaching, coaching, and mentoring for that matter! It is my most favorite thing to do, it is my passion, and that is why I chose this line of work nearly 10 years ago.
Following my heart as an entrepreneur.
I mentioned this briefly above, but I also wanted a brand that spoke to you, and to me of a more personal nature behind it all here. What I mean is that I wanted to share more of the mindset of being an entrepreneur, all the good, the bad, and the downright ugly.
On top of that, I also wanted to carve out a bit of my own life online, and offline and share with you what it is like to be that proverbial and cliched “work at home dad.”
I guess I wanted to share more about who I am, and how I deal with it all here and have been for nearly a decade.
In a nutshell, I am:
“A successful lifestyle entrepreneur, online business coach & marketing specialist who provides vital training for those looking to build, brand, and grow their lifestyle business online…the right way, the first time. I currently reside in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with my lovely wife and five awesomely cool children. Oh, and Bigfoot lives in my backyard!”
That last part about Bigfoot, well, that is one of my popular niches online, and something I am passionate about as well. Call me kooky, but never call me a man without passion for my faith, my family, and my businesses, and all in that order!
So, there you have it, the rebrand, the new me, the change I have been needing myself, and the change I told you was coming.
Let me walk with you into success today, and trust me, it will be worth your time, it was for me almost 10 years ago, and 110 days later, I was, well, working from home as a lifestyle entrepreneur with my own unique online lifestyle business…
Do You Have A Second To Share?
What say you? Agree with me? Disagree? Drop me a comment below and let me know if you think in regards to this article, share it around if you agree and hope that this helps you! And thank you very much…