So many opportunities online, so little time huh? Here is a simple, honest and unbiased review of the Amazing Selling Machine program and system for leveraging an income with Amazon “affiliate” products.
Please, hold your hate mail if you end up having any. I am only sharing what I have seen and heard from others within the system and, those who understand that shiny objects do break when mishandled.
So, let’s take a look together at the Amazing Selling Machine and see if this is the right fit for you online.
Amazon, It’s A Jungle Out There!
From the Brown Box Formula, to the latest craze the Amazing Selling Machine, there are many opportunities coming about every day to help you make money.
Before I dispense with this review, know this, I am not apart of the system, I have talked with others in it and, I am already a highly successful online entrepreneur, for a reason.
ASM came to me via email from, well, you got it, the affiliate marketing guru himself, Mr. Ryan Deiss. I know, I know, please, before you judge the system already, give me a chance here! (I smile).
To tell you the truth, the system actually makes sense to me. However, there were a couple disturbing facts within the “interview” about how to actually sell the products themselves. We will get to that later.
Here is the “little bit’ on what the owners Jason Katzenback and Matt Clark have to say about the ASM training system:
“It is not just a product that teaches some tips on listing and selling products on Amazon, but a complete guide to running, growing and scaling a real physical products business. The techniques in the program have been carefully designed to be very effective and easy to implement.”
While that and the sales video here does not really tell you much, as a successful affiliate marketer myself, I can try to peel apart at least a bit of it for you.
The Amazon Affiliate System…
Affiliate marketing is a beast, no matter what side of the coin you are talking about. Whether it is drop shipping your way to success with the Amazon brown boxes or, simply linking to products and services affiliate marketing is just that, affiliate marketing.
While most of the highly successful marketers online would rather get a real job than drop ship, this in the end is what the Amazing Selling Machine is all about. And personally, I would rather drop ship than flip burgers for the man any day.
And while I do believe that the Amazing Selling Machine is affiliate marketing based, talking to a friend of mine, and highly successful in his own rights Nick Sasaki, here is what he believes about ASM, and I totatally agree:
“Why Selling Physical Products is Better than Affiliate Marketing”
- Your building YOUR own business, not someone else’s: This is so true Nick! Affiliate marketing has taken on a form over the last 5-6 years I think almost destroyed it, the “syndicate” issue I call it. To many people hocking software and cheap tricks created by gurus that are, in the end, not all that great.
- Your building a list of customers you can sell to in the future: True again. See, because you are actually selling mostly tangible products people usually purchase on a regular basis, your brand and name stay in tact. Because you are not selling every hack system out there and real products, you become the go-to guy or gal in the future.
- Your building authority and a brand that lasts: Like I said in the last statement, you are truly building the two things here online that matter to people as much as they do to search engines, authority and trust. That in turn…builds you a profitable brand over the long haul.
- Customers tell others who they trust, and where to get a deal: Your ASM business is your business, and if you build that type of brand people trust, well, people will spread the word almost as fast as a search engine. Nothing is better than word of mouth business, especially online.
- ASM is all about selling real products, not tricks and hack systems: This is an opportunity, this is a type of affiliate program, but this is not a typical program, it is real. Today’s affiliate industry could use a little more Amazing Selling Machine, and a whole lot less “syndicates” selling dreams. You go NICK!
See, when he opened my eyes a bit to the system itself, I could finally see that this is where affiliate marketing really should have it’s heart. See, it is my opinion that the best chance of success online is finding your passion, finding the products that you love within that passion and sharing your love for it.
Now that is success here online.
Below is a list of things that will have to be done within the ASM training system and affiliate program. While everyone will have their own opinions on each of these, I will share with you mine too, but from a different angle I believe.
Here Is What You Need To Know And Get Started With ASM:
• You have to get product samples from manufacturers (and pay the courier costs).
• If the product is substandard, you’ve lost the money you paid to see the product.
• You have to pay for space in a container on the ship when ordering from overseas suppliers (you pay per cubic meter).
• You sometimes have to order quite a large quantity of the product.
And there are probably other costs involved as well (this opportunity is not for someone on a tight budget).
Plus there’s the monthly payment of $997 (so it would take 4 months to go through the whole course and get up and running solidly).
Let’s look at these ideas (and sometimes complaints) together…
The Honest Look At AFS…
1. You have to get product samples from manufacturers (and pay the courier costs).
I have seen the many, many posts on Warrior Forum about this particular part of the system. I have also seen people like Ryan Deiss totally gloss over it.
However, I will tell you this; if you think that you will have no investments into your own unique business, you are dead wrong. And, even more to the fact, if you think you won’t make a few “purchasing” mistakes, you are wrong again.
This is not an opportunity to take lightly with the Amazing Selling Machine, you could lose big. But, on the other hand, given the right training on how to convert sales, I believe you could actually do very well.
(We will go over one of these converting ideas towards the end, one that ASM totally blew it on too.)
Be careful, be picky, be diligent. With this part of the program, you might even want to figure out if you can get a little more “localized” with your business.
2. If the product is substandard, you’ve lost the money you paid to see the product.
This, like I said above, is inevitable. You will have a few products along the way that will be disasters. But, this does not mean your business will fail, it just means that you never bet on that product again.
Start small, work your way up. I have seen the story of the 13 year old girl who made a million bucks on pencil toppers. She started with a simple product, a fun site and spread the word about it. Done.
3. You have to pay for space in a container on the ship when ordering from overseas suppliers (you pay per cubic meter)
I am unsure about this one. I do not think every product will require this, but it is one more thing to think about.
Try what I said above, test, test and test again. This is why having the one thing that ding and dong (the creators of ASM) said you did not need should be a must…we will mention it shortly.
4. You sometimes have to order quite a large quantity of the product. SEE BELOW!
5. You need someone to help you. I don’t care who you are, anyone new to something like Amazing Selling Machine needs more than just a collection of videos, you need a coach, mentor or leader. Just ask Nick.
Facts, Fiction…And Just Plain Old Crap…
There is plenty of training in the system when I talked with a few people in it. However, this does not mean that this is not an EXPENSIVE journey for those with a thin pocketbook.
And, here is what I wanted to say above:
YOU NEED TO BE ONLINE!
You would be ignorant not too. See, one of the best ways to gauge a products viability fast is through a good piece of content about it. And, let me say this again, when Jason Katzenback and Matt Clark the creators of the
Amazing Selling Machine say you need no real presence online, THAT IS NOT COMPLETELY TRUE.
Hey, I call it as I see it. When online shopping grows like it does online and, the main street economy lags behind it, well, that is just simply absurd to say you need no blog, video or other content marketing happening.
I would use that presence to test certain products first. There is nothing better than creating a blog post, video and or articles to get a feel about what people may think of something.
That just makes friggin’ sense. So Matt and Jason, that is simply stupid to even suggest. But, then again, when self proclaimed affiliate marketers are promoting the system to hapless folks online who do not know better, well, that is the kind of advice to expect.
If you do decide to get into the Amazing Selling Machine affiliate system and program, make sure that you use every FREE METHOD of testing products before you decide to buy a crate full.
Amazing Selling Machine Update October 9th 2014.
Recently, I have been inundated with new emails from within the Amazing Selling Machine system.
While the system is still currently closed, I have noticed a FREE tool called “Spotlight” has come out to help people better target brandable products and, the fact that they are about to open their doors for the fourth time…
I think this is a great tool. Much like Google Keyword Planner or Google Trends for the SEO consultant, Spotlight can help you better determine the best and most affordable products within Amazon.
However, I do think that people, of their own accord, can learn how to choose these products using common sense and the right marketing tools and platforms online. Math, it is a basic precept we learned through our formal educations growing up, use it.
Again, the system is great, but you can, if you feel like it, get all the training you need at Amazon itself, and for free.
Also, I wanted to talk for a second Press Releases Vs. Blog Posts for marketing your affiliate system with ASM or, the products themselves from Amazon.
Press Releases you need to know carry little link juice today as far as SEO is concerned, just as PR Web, they will tell you this directly, they have to.
I suggest a blog. See, a Press Release is “time sesnsitive” in nature, this is why news organizations use them to get out the “latest information” that is happening at that time.
Blogging however, this is not only time sensitive, but is also considered a more “evergreen” or “trusted” source of information by the search engines themselves. This is why you see ranking of your Press Releases fall after so much time.
However, you do not see much movement with a solid blog post that incorporates such media as videos, imagery and, words.
When it comes to your Amazing Selling Machine presence and business online, I would review carefully the most effective marketing strategies online first before you spend thousands of dollars on a system you do not know how to market.